It’s cold outside. Perhaps the snow is falling down. You’re just arriving home, are feeling hungry, and need some warming up. Are you thinking ‘soup’ already? If you are, but you’re unsure how to make soup in a quick and easy style, here’s how Minute Rice® can help.
Let us guide you through not only a selection of simple soup recipes but also casseroles that are easy to make yet difficult to resist. The best part is that while these dishes are delicious, warm, and flavourful, you can prepare them in little time without being an expert chef. Let’s find out how.
Revamping classic ingredients
Cheese and broccoli is a classic combo, but have you tried it in a rich and creamy soup dish that warms the body and soul? Here’s your chance. Just follow our step-by-step guide to this Broccoli Cheese and Rice Soup.
To make this dish extra quick and easy, prepare it using pre-cut broccoli and shredded cheese. That means less time spent in the kitchen, yet the final result of the recipe is just as rich in deliciousness.
Spice up the winter
Warm yourself up with an international twist from the other side of the globe by making this Creamy Thai Soup. Who knew it was so easy to make soup with an international twist? Thai cuisine is a sure way to impress guests; that’s if you can resist the temptation to have it all to yourself.
Tips for making soup
All it takes to make your soup just that extra bit tastier is a few simple tricks. There’s no need to run down the clock or bend over backward to take your soup up a level. Sometimes, all you need is an extra sprinkle here or there to make all the difference. Here are some top tips:
- Add flavour to the base: this can be onions, garlic, sauteed vegetables, or even some celery in oil or butter. But if you start like this, you’ll be on your way to a tasty outcome.
- Use herbs and spices: Whether you prefer bay leaves, cumin, paprika, thyme, oregano, or rosemary, adding herbs is among the quickest and easiest ways to give your soup dish a flavourful kick.
- Got salt? Use it: We all have salt somewhere in the kitchen, but when you’re busy, it’s surprising how easy it is to forget to use it. A little sprinkle in your soup should be enough to give it the desired kick.
- Get garnishing: Sprinkle some grated cheese or fresh herbs on top, or even a dollop of yogurt or a little spiral of olive oil. Not only does this give your soup a little flavour booster, but it’s also great for presentation.
- Be creative: If there’s any dish that gives you the chance to get experimental, it’s soup. You can try removing certain ingredients, adding others, or making new combos to get the soup just how you want. There’s no one-size-fits-all.
Got any leftovers from lunch? Or maybe from the day before? Don’t let them sit there and go to waste. Instead, use them in your next soup recipe. Soups are so versatile that there’s a huge amount of ingredients that can be incorporated into them with ease, especially rice.
During the holiday season, for example, what do you plan to do with all that leftover turkey? Here’s a straightforward but creative option: prepare our delicious Leftover Turkey Soup. Aside from being a tasty treat, it’s also a way to keep the festive spirit going days after a big turkey dinner.
Warm and Hearty
Full of nutritious veggies, this Chunky Chicken Vegetable Soup gives that warm and hearty effect as well as an attractive combo of vibrant colours. This is ideal for those who want a variety of tastes and textures, as well as plenty of greens.
Looking for something heartier than soup? Then, how about trying a delicious casserole recipe? At Minute Rice, we’ll help you prepare a casserole dish that stands out, satisfies the taste buds, and doesn’t take up your time or require any expertise. But first, what exactly is a casserole?
What makes a casserole a casserole?
A casserole is any type of meal that’s been prepared in a casserole dish. You’ve seen those before, right? You know those long and rectangular baking dishes with handles at the end? So, in other words, whatever ingredients you put into one of those, then leave to bake in the oven, is a casserole.
Normally, casseroles include a few different layers made up of a combination of vegetables, protein, and a starchy filler to bind the ingredients together. The result? A large and warm tray of hearty and comforting deliciousness that a group of friends or family can enjoy together.
For something with a melty and cheesy topping and plenty of nutritious greens on the inside, try this easy-to-make Broccoli Rice Casserole dish. This classic ingredient combo proves that vegetarian dishes baked in the oven can be just as satisfying as any meat treat.
Finally, here’s a recipe that’s easy. How easy? Super easy! This blend of shredded cheddar cheese, peas, rice, and tuna will hit the spot with every bite. We call it our Super Easy Tuna Casserole because, with just a few simple steps, anyone can make it!
For more delicious meal inspiration throughout the year, come and see our quick tips!